Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Graphic Design and Multimedia?

If you would have asked me about three to four years ago what field are you going into? I definitely would NOT have said Graphic Design and Multimedia. I would have however said Culinary Arts. For the longest and even now food has been my passion, yet my high school messed up my schedule in tenth grade and took my culinary arts from me my jr. and sr. year, all the while I had television production my four years of high school which developed my new second passion for graphics arts and multimedia. I just started school this week and I've already learned so much. I've been working on logos and designing my own logos. I can tell you right now, it is NOT easy!! As I mentioned in my earlier blog from yesterday, "10 Things That Make a Good Logo" there is more than you can think of to take into consideration. I've learned that there is much planning that goes into graphic designing, whether it’s one tiny detail or a large group of things. Just in the past three days I've learned font face, font styles, C.R.A.P. (Contrast Repetition Alignment Proximity), some color, how to work the layers, "became one with the pin tool", and much more. This field is going to be a challenge, but it will be a challenge I am willing to face, confront, and win!! :)

If you were asked three to four years ago where you would be today, what would be your answer? Where are you today?

No comments:

Post a Comment